Many years ago, Clay and I had the opportunity of moving to 200 acres of land right in the smack dab middle of Texas where his family had some land. I was beyond excited and dreamed of having my children run wild on the land, wild and free (!), and of the amazingly productive garden I was going to plant and the carefree life we would lead.
I was a novice gardener and had no idea where to start. I read a book about raised beds, cobbled a couple together and began to plant my seeds and plants--tomatoes, squash, green beans, and so much more. Yet, my garden eventually became infested with tomato worms, squash bugs, with low yield because of rocky soil as we were right on top of fossil rim--filled with fossils and not a lot of rich soil. I was to learn that any garden--flowers, fruit, plants, veggies, require careful attention to grow strong, healthy and productive.
I believe it is the same way with our own hearts and souls. A person does not develop rich faith, strong moral convictions, deep friendships, wisdom and understanding in life without lots of tending, hard work and patience.
My desire in my ministry is to help women learn how to flourish as women of God, friends, wives and mothers. Yet, we must each be attentive to the health of our hearts, minds and souls in order to grow strong and to stay healthy. Today, I have recorded a short podcast about some of the ways we must nourish ourselves on a regular basis in order to grow strong and live well.
1. We must pay attention to our physical health and be sure to include rest and refreshment so that physical weariness diminishes our emotional and spiritual strength.
2. We need love as much as we need food--babies don't thrive without love, affection, attention, and neither do we.
3. input Our souls and minds long for wisdom, direction and input as our bodies long for physical food. Investing in a regular quiet Time, reading, wisdom, knowledge recognizes that our brain hungers for truth and wisdom because we were made to worship God with our minds, thoughts, ideals and ideas. He crafted us to be creative, intelligent, excellent
4. To stay balanced and happy, we must include fun and playful escape which provides psychological rest from burdens of life --fun, delight, escape from the mundane refreshes us in a unique way.
5. Humans were created for work and purpose. An deep inner need that provides us with a sense of worth is that we long to feel that we matter and what we do matters, that our lives have meaning, purpose and direction.
My team and I have attempted to create a community where some of these needs can be met and where your heart, mind and soul will find nourishment. We created a monthly membership where you will receive, by email, inspiration, encouragement, and education through conference talks, interesting unique podcasts with stories to share with your children about artists, authors and musicians, books to read, posters to download, verses to memorize, Bible study, outlines where you can take notes, recipes and so much more.
To help us pay for the costs of ministry and staff we are charging a small amount for people to become members so that we can keep our content growing, our resources developing and the staff behind it all supported. Hundreds of women have been enjoying this for the past two months and we are adding more every day.
You can join now for $9.99 a month or $99 for the whole year. Our introductory price will be going up in the next couple of months, so be sure to join now to take advantage of this entry price. I have a team of 9 women working together to develop this even more in the next few months and I am very grateful for them and their hard work.
For more information, and to enroll, go HERE
I would love to show you just a few of the themes we have planned for the calendar year 2018.